If you want to improve your immune system, you should consider improving your food options. A balanced and healthy diet plays an essential role in maintaining the immune system naturally. It needs daily nourishment to keep off the common cold and viruses. Here is the list of foods you should eat during the flu season.
- Ginger: Ginger has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It aids in the treatment of symptoms related to congestion, nausea, coughing, and sore throat.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is a raw, unfiltered, and fermented product. It also contains enzymes, nutrients, beneficial bacteria, and probiotics that boost healthy gut and wellness. The vinegar acidity makes an alkaline environment that assists in killing viruses and bacteria, and also breaks down mucus.
- Garlic: Garlic has an active element known as allicin. Its anti-microbial properties help kill various pathogens like bacteria, fungus, and viruses.
- Pepitas: Pepitas or pumpkin seeds are good sources of zinc and mineral. Zinc is an important nutrient that helps minimize the period of common cold, improves protein synthesis, DNA synthesis, immune function, cell division, and wound healing.
- Tea: When you have flu or cold, you need to stay hydrated and also drink a huge amount of liquid. Tea has lots of anti-oxidants that soothe a sore throat and also ease congestion.
- Raw honey: Raw honey contains anti-bacterial properties that help fight flu and soothe a sore throat.
Turmeric, chilli, hemp, and chia seeds are other items that you can include in your diet to strengthen your immune system. And if you are concerned about where to find good quality ones, you should look for organic foods in Brisbane.